List of Some helpful organizations, MOSTLY IN INDIA, and their links
ORGANIZATIONS IN INDIA recognized and aided by Government of India, M/o. Social Justice and Empowerment, working to help children with CP, MR. MH, Autism and Down Syndrome. The list does not include Orthopedic or Hearing or Vision Impaired children's institutions. The list IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE NEW
- PARIVAAR: Parent organization of NGOs of India working for special need persons
- Organizations in Delhi area: A large list of NGOs working for special need persons in Delhi area, provided courtesy of Concerned Action Now plus some of our own additions
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India; Shastri Bhawan; 6th Floor, New Delhi 110001; Direction: Click on Grants link on left column. Choose DD (Disability Division). Choose your state and also select to see in turn the grant sanctioned in the last three years; due to various delays, many of the organizations did not receive grants and may not be linked for a particular year though they remain recognized.
- Handicapped Children's Parent's Association: They have built and are running a respite-care cum therapy Home for CP children at Pappankalan in South West of New Delhi
- People's Action Group for Inclusion and Right's: PAGIR, at Leh, Ladhakh, is a voluntary organization founded in 2006 to highlight the issues and rights of the disabled persons in Ladakh region. More then 200 disabled people are involved in turning waste into craft by their initiative. They were given basic training in the art of making pillow covers, sweet boxes, file covers and pen stands from waste papers and old clothes, displaying their creative talents by turning waste material into useful products of daily use.More
They are setting up a stall during the Annual Ladakh Festival in Leh from 1-15 Sept, 09. If you are there during that time, DO MAKE IT A POINT to visit their stall and encourage the efforts that they are putting in through their valiant efforts.
Address: Spon house, Skara Road near Ladakh Public School, Leh-Ladakh 194101,Mobile no.9419219312; Contact Person: Md. Iqbal, President, PAGIR, Ms.Kunzang ( Secretary)
- Abhilasha Research Centre for Special Needs Children at Plot No. 86, Saipuri Colony;Sainikpuri, Hyderabad 500594; Phone 040-271134 or 09701948444; Email Contact Person Himbindu. This is a non profit organization based in Hyderabad working to help children with neurological disabilities .Check it out if you live that side of the country.
- Alzheimer's Society of India Delhi Chapter
- Business-Inc.Net - web directory containing links to many health/disability sites.
- Digital Hearing Aids for the hearing impaired persons website
- Gelârt International Limited of Box 54117 Mana PO .Wellington, 7 Mana Esplanade Paremata, NEW ZEALAND;
Tel: 0800 65 2100, +64 4 233 0925, fax: +64 4 233 0982; E-email: email@example.com make a lot of useful equipment for Special need persons and children. It is worth a check out if you live that side of the Globe.
- Glucosamine & Osteoarthritis Resource Center
At the Osteoarthritis and Glucosamine Resource Center you'll find top quality information on osteoarthritis and glucosamine, the latest research, details on osteoarthritis medications and treatments, and tips for effectively managing your pain.
Contact Person: Thomas P. Reynolds, Administrator
- John's Society for Spastics
Provides special education and hostel facility for the disabled without age restriction.
G-92, Phase-6, Aya Nagar, New Delhi 110047; Contact Person: Bessie Mathew; ( General Secretary); Mobile: 9871688997
- Learning Centre for Special Child
Provides special education to mentally retarted children and other special children.
Contact Person: S.K.Lohia; Hony,. Secretary; Mobile: 9830553456
Rotary Club of Belur Bal Vikas Knedra;
MCKV Campus, 243, G.T.Road(N), Liluah, Howrah.
- MANAS , a training institute at Okhla Industrial Area, Phase II, New Delhi. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NGO in South India: An organization in South India working for the disabled
- Saath: Special Attention Towards Handicapped: An NGO in Pakistan helping special need persons. Contact: Mr. Waseem
- Savera: Savera Home for Special Children, being built in North Delhi, contact Sandeep Kumar Khurana
- Sri Prashanthi Academy has been set up at Coimbatore Tamilnadu to help special children with a wide spectrum of Standard Therapies for CP, Autism, MR, Down, etc.
- STEM : a premier registered society for organization research and have conducted more than 150 research studies during past 25 years of its establishment. Many of the studies on Assistive Devices has produced innovative findings